Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Walk Through Dallas

So, today I went to work with my mother because I have an orthodontist appointment. My mom works at this church that just so happens to be within walking distance of the historic downtown Dallas, Georgia. It isn't really much of a downtown area as a street with the city hall and a ton of cute old family owned shops. Either way, I love it! So I grabbed my camera and took a walk.

I started my journey in the parking lot, where the lines on the pavement are old and cracked, making them look rustic and cool.

The church my mom works at is crazy old, much like everything in Dallas. It has a great steeple that I just had to take a picture of.

Then after walking a bit I arrived at Main Street!


I found out there is going to be a puppet show at the Dallas theater in July!

I went to my favorite little antique store.

And I bought three new photographs for my collection!

Then I passed a flower shop with the greatest flowers!

I also passed this great blue building that was offering body piercings, but was closed.

Then I came across this awesome guy! He saw me taking pictures and asked if I could take a picture of him, but he wanted it to look casual, so he started walking again and let me take a picture. He is great.

After meeting the great man from across the street, I found another antique shop that I somehow missed the last time I was here! I found this amazing old teddy bear that I desperately wanted to buy and patch up, but alas, I hadn't the money.

Then I found some else I didn't know existed, an art shop! It was filled with knick knacks and bobbles, but what I really loved was the little room dedicated to toddler things. There were toys everywhere.

I finally got around to walking over to the little park behind city hall, only to find I was completely alone!

I nearly decided to play in the fountain, which would have been nice and cool after a humid and icky day of walking.

But instead I sat on the benches, which I had all to myself.

After the benches got boring I moved to sit on the edge of the fountain, where I decided it was time to leave due to the beginnings of rain and the arrival of not so nice looking teenagers.

But nicely enough I saw a father and his little girl walking down the sidewalk and snapped a quick picture, because they were just too cute.

Then while walking back to my mom's office I saw the building in which I attended my first ever formal school dance. It brought back great memories of friends and dancing and food. It's kind of funny how a little building can do all that.

Eventually I finally reached my destination of my temporary office! And here is the blog post from that office! Though, the wifi here is terrible. Someone remind me never to photo blog from my mom's office again.

No comments: